Presenter: Russ Weakley
Russ has worked in the graphic design arena for over 20 years with extensive experience in real world CSS. He has also produced a series of widely acclaimed CSS-based tutorials. He is also internationally recognised for his presentations and workshops on web development, standards and accessibility.
What is “Introduction to CSS” all about?
CSS is a powerful language that enables you to separate web page style from content. It helps you build leaner, faster, more flexible web pages.
This workshop helps web designers and developers overcome frustrations during learning CSS — usually due to poor browser support and complexities such as inheritance, cascade and floating.
This half-day introduction will demystify CSS, giving you a solid grasp of the basics and help you move towards full CSS site development.
You will learn:
- The basics of (X)HTML including Doctypes, elements, attributes and valid markup
- How to create well structured, accessible (X)HTML markup
- The basics of CSS including rule sets, selectors, shorthand rules, inheritance and the cascade
- How to structure efficient CSS files
- About a range of common layout issues, why they occur and how to overcome them
- How to deal with browser issues including specific browsers such as IE5, IE6 and IE7
- How to create print CSS files quickly and easily
Who should attend “Introduction to CSS”?
- Designers and developers with a absolutely no knowledge of CSS and want to find out how to get started.
- Designers and developers with a basic knowledge of CSS who want to take it to the next level.
- Web managers who want to have a good understanding about CSS in order to manage web projects and web development teams.
What should I bring to “Introduction to CSS”?
- A laptop with a CD drive
- A browser
- Some sort of text editor (Notepad, BBEdit, SkEdit, TextMate, Dreamweaver etc)
Dates for “Introduction to CSS”
- Melbourne: Monday 12 April – (Melbourne venue details)
- Sydney: Monday 19 April – (Sydney venue details)
- Canberra: Monday 3 May – (Canberra venue details)
- Brisbane: Monday 10 May – (Brisbane venue details)
Times for “Introduction to CSS”
- 1:30pm to 5:00pm
- 20min break at 3:00am
Cost for “Introduction to CSS”: $275 per person
- All day tea/coffee and afternoon tea (lunch not provided for half day workshops).
- Workshop handbook and CD containing workshop sample code.
Contact us for group booking information and discounts.